Monday, May 4, 2009

Contemplating Departures and Arrivals

Go figure. I arrived in China nearly 3 and a half years ago with all the intention of documenting my life here in some way. Given reason X, Y, or Z, it just never happened. Too much to do, too little time. The typical excuses and justifications we give ourselves, right?

But the good news is that it's really never too late to start! Same intentions, different city!!! My life is about to change in a BIG way. My lovely fiance, a.k.a. husband-to-be-come-November, and I have decided it is time to go "HOME". Where is home you might ask? Well, that depends on who you are asking.

I was born in the Philippines - Spanish Dad and Finnish Mom - and I lived there until the ripe old age of 18 (!) before heading off to discover the world (eh - university), staring in Madrid, Spain. From there to the good ole' US of A to finish school, work for a bit, then my last stint has been in the pearl of the orient - Shanghai. So where is HOME? I guess you could say Manila, considering it's where I've spent the most time. But I've come to the realization that home is truly where the heart is (OK, I know it's cliche, but it's appropriate!)

So my goal for the near future and rest of my life is to make Mexico my HOME. I am crossing my fingers that I will somehow manage to feel my way around and successfully create my own little cosmo in one of the largest cities of the world. The fact that my love is Mexican (and I mean, really MEXICAN!) will surely help with acclimatizing.

This blog will be all about my personal journey as I settle down, discover a new city and country, and make a new life for myself. And of course, I am hoping that it will include lots of helpful tips on living in Mexico City.

I can't wait to share all the amazing discoveries and new experiences - hopefully in an effort to enlighten and inspire those other "lost souls"/"forever expats" out there who are looking to making their little niche in this big, big world.

No comments:

Post a Comment