Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Week's Resolution

On New Years Day while lying in bed, gordo asks: "So what are your resolutions for this year?"

[silence]

"Well...?"

"Hmm. I haven't really thought about any resolutions."

This isn't really surprising though. I've never really been a "January 1st Resolutions" kind of person. Although when people would ask, I would provide the appropriate: work out more, get healthy, quit smoking, blah, blah, blah intention - you know, the ones that will warrant some sort of encouragement from the listener...(I haven't had a cigarette in 10 months by the way - and don't plan to either!)

But this year, nada, nil, nothing in mind.

But then I got thinking. I'm sure this really isn't the most novel of ideas, but for me at least it's something new to try...weekly resolutions. They always say, "set goals that are achievable..." I don't know who they are, but there is some truth to their words. I'm going to try and take it one step at a time so it doesn't get too overwhelming.

Why all of a sudden this new found enlightenment? I'm a new MOM and I'm starting to realize that I really can't plan anything anymore (long term at least)...my life revolves around my son S and his whims. And frankly, I can spend all day every day doing nothing but staring at him while the rest of the world carries on with their routines...

the new love of my life
But I know we can't live in this bubble. Asi que poco a poco...hence my {hopefully} achievable weekly task(s).

Recurring weekly task: blog - at least once a week. I have to find time between feedings & diapers to write about something. It's not for lack of ideas - I just need to sit down and DO it. Being pregnant, giving birth, and being a Mom in Mexico is a world of its own with lots of tales.

This week's task: the wonderful world of Mexican Immigration - I NEED to establish my residency and stop being the eternal tourist. Being allowed to stay here 6 months at a time is not conducive to getting paperwork done - the mañana attitude kicks in full force, and before you know it, it's mañana and you are in danger of being deported... OK, I'm exaggerating a bit. I've been nowhere near to being deported, but I don't want to ever be!

So there dear reader! If all goes according to plan, you'll hear from me at least once a week...maybe even more, I'll try my best.

What about you? Any daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly resolutions you want to share? I'll be encouraging :)

2 comments:

  1. my weekly resolution is to hear your voice more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's beautiful. Congratulations to you and your husband!

    My resolution is to stop working so much and do more things for myself -- yoga and sewing are in the top two. And cooking for fun, and not just because I need something to blog about. :-)

    ReplyDelete