Tuesday, November 1, 2011

{baby proofing} a Dia de los Muertos Ofrenda

I really didn't have the ganas to set up an ofrenda this year. After the continuous baby proofing that is on going in my house, the last thing I needed was another mega attraction for S and his curious hands.

Dia de los Muertos is one of the Mexican traditions I absolutely love, so I decided that I had to figure out a way to baby proof an ofrenda; and so with one mom's advice..."think small and high..." I set out to set up my altar.

After some slight modifications of three shelves I have in my living room: taaa-daaa! This year's ofrenda...definitely out of S' reach.





4 comments:

  1. Great photos. Thanks for sharing. I love all the colors and learning more about the culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)

    Check out Lesley's blog on setting up an ofrenda: http://www.themijachronicles.com/2011/11/how-to-make-a-dia-de-los-muertos-altar/

    It's a great reference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in your blog very rich. I wanted to invite you to my blog party tomorrow. I hope you can come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done. I had hoped to do one as well, but I didn't plan things right. Hopefully next year.

    ReplyDelete